Valuation Plugin for Microsoft Office Excel
Install the Plugin
The Valuation Plugin can be installed with Excel 2010, Excel 2013 and Excel 2016. Older versions of Excel are not supported.
To install the Valuation plugin
- Download the plugin from here: ValuationExcelPlugin.xlam.
- Copy the file to the Excel default location for user start-up.
To find this location
- Open an Excel document.
- Go to File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings….
- Locate Excel default location: User StartUp in the list. Usually, it points to the following folder:
> If the XLSTART folder does not exist, you must create it.
- Restart Excel and check if you have the customized Valuation Plugin ribbon:
The Valuation Plugin ribbon contains the associated macros. When you hover your mouse cursor over an entry of the ribbon, you get a brief description of its functionality.
Troubleshoot the Installation
If you have problems installing the Valuation Plugin, review the following notes:
- If you cannot find the AppData directory by copying the above link and pasting it in Windows Explorer, try to enter manually the path in the address bar.
- If you prefer to install the plugin in another directory, you need first to install it following the procedure provided by Microsoft Office support, and then to edit the links manually.
- Sometimes, the files downloaded from the internet are blocked by the operating system’s firewall you cannot use them in Microsoft Excel. Right-click that file in Windows Explorer and choose Properties. In the General tab, click Unblock to get access to it.
Save a File that Uses the Plugin
You must save the Excel files that use this plugin as XLSM files. Check that they are saved with the